WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years experience, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT LAWYER FOR FAMILY, IMMIGRATION AND CRIMINAL LAW
16356563

my wife and I will be meeting with a medeator this week to

my wife and I will be meeting with a medeator this week to discuss divorce lajistics. One topic Im curueous about is child custody. I will assume my wife will get custody of our son but my wife works a lot and at night so I know I will be taking care of our son those nights. In a years time the I will have or son at least 40% of the time so what constitutes my share of money toward child support. We live in Texas.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 7 years ago.
In Texas 20% is the state guidlines for the support of one child, however you may be to modify the support to a lower amount if yo9ur visitation is above normal. I would not concede custody, and if anything as for joint custody at the least, this way child support will not be decided by the initial 20% rule, but possibly lowered up front.