N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983

I would like to know if there is any kind of personal protection

I would like to know if there is any kind of personal protection order for me and boys in malaysia.
my husband passed on in 2007 and since then we have received tons of emotional abuse and harassment from his parents and family. My boys have never had any sort of bonding with them and do not wish to have any form of contact with them. Their self imposed visits have been more than emotionally draining and hurting, with all sorts of accusations hurled at me.
Also, is there any way that we can sever our relationship with them as my marraige has ended, and we really want to move on and live our own lives without their interference, and we wish to delete them from our lives as they are toxic emotional baggage that drag us down all the time.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 6 years ago.
I cannot find the Codes on line, so you will have to consult an attorney in Malaysia, see states:
The Malaysian legal system is based on English common law.

So my opinion is that you can petition for an injunction against harassment and against them trespassing on your property.

I hope this information is helpful.
Thank you for accepting my answer.