How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NJ FamLaw Your Own Question
NJ FamLaw
NJ FamLaw, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 517
Experience:  Admitted to NJ Bar
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
NJ FamLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just lost a support modification hearing and my former wife

Resolved Question:

I just lost a support modification hearing and my former wife wants her fees paid as well. Can you give me any case name and number where fees were denied in this scenario? She is claiming it was willfil and contumacious and it was not
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NJ FamLaw replied 7 years ago.
You are talking counsel fees, correct?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  NJ FamLaw replied 7 years ago.
Counsel fees were denied at the trial level Finley v. Finley, 81 Ill. 2d 317 (1980). You have to look at the counsel fee statute at Ill Rev Stat ch 40, para 508(a)(3). The court has to do an analysis and has wide discretion to award/deny counsel fees. Good luck
NJ FamLaw and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions