How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ScottyMacEsq Your Own Question
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16154
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ScottyMacEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My child support was set up in Mississippi I now live in Texas

Customer Question

My child support was set up in Mississippi I now live in Texas and so does my child father. How can I get my child support set up in Texas. He want pay me.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 7 years ago.
A Mississippi child support order is going to be just as binding on the child's father in Texas as it was in Mississippi, even if you live in Texas.

You need to contact the state attorney general's office of child support enforcement and request assistance with collection of child support payments. You can apply for these services online. The AG's office has attorneys that work to enforce child support orders, and can be very effective.

I hope that helps. Good luck to you!