JPEsq., Lawyer
Experience:  Published articles on family law, featured in several publications for successful trial work.

I dont know where to start. I am writing on behalf of my

I don't know where to start. I am writing on behalf of my sister. She is a 56 year old disabled living with her 33 year old Autisic/Retarded son. Her Ex husband has her and their son in one of his section 8 homes. He even has her paying an extra 107 dollars more a month. The house is horrific! Mold in the basement...bathrooms unfit...its just a mess. Now, she has lost her Son's Social Security and her disability.....She went in front of a judge via computer in West Virginia that treated her like dirt and told her that her son should go get a job.....string beads if he had to. My nephew can not talk..can not shower, shave or even use the bathroom without my Sisters assistance....She suffers from lung problems and has had several collapsed lungs..severe depression...etc.. I don't know where to start to help her. The Ex is a big time City employee and is getting away with murder. There is so much more to her story. Can you help? Please. Respectfully, Kathleen
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 6 years ago.

Was the son recieving SSDI or SSI? How did she lose it? was the case reviewed?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

All I know is that he was recieving Social Security and she did go for a review and the Judge, after saying why doesn't he go out and work, said she would review it again in about 3 months. I guess I am unprepared to answer some of these questions. She is so upset she isn't answering my phone call at this time. She needs help and I don't know how to help her.

Expert:  JPEsq. replied 6 years ago.

Well she should hire a disability attorney, who will work on contingency fee. That will probably help more than anything. The son, if what you say is accurate, is definately disabled and entitled to benefits.

She also has 30 days to appeal the decision of the Administrative Law Judge that made the decision.

Edited by JPEsq. on 12/1/2009 at 9:34 PM EST