LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

Hello good afternoon, my husband and I are headed towards divorce

Customer Question

Hello good afternoon, my husband and I are headed towards divorce and because I will not " abide by his rules" he is threatening to give up his parental rights to avoid paying child support. I am against this, can he sign over his rights without my consent?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

I'm afraid that you husband is full of balogna. He can not waive his parental rights and avoid paying child support. It just doesn't work that way. if he doesn't want anything to do with the children, that is his perogative. However, you will be entitled to child support regardless.

He can not sign over his rights. Nor can he defeat your right to child support. You have a fully meritorious case.

I wish you and your children the best.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so much
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
My pleasure. I wish you and your children a great 2010!