Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

State of Ohio I have a CPO against my ex-husband in force

State of Ohio: I have a CPO against my ex-husband in force until 03/05/2011. My daughter and I had lived with my fiance and my ex knew the address. But since moving out on our own, the ex has begun attempting to contact and reunite. I refused to provide him my address to prevent any contact with me. He is a volatile and mentally ill individual. He has filed a contempt of court order for me to provide him our address. Our 16 year old daughter lives with me but visits him regularly and he has unlimited phone and email contact. She is healthy, happy, and well adjusted. Divorce was final 08/2005. I am not violating a parenting plan or any court order by failing to divulge my address. I consider this action to be harrassment and intimidation at this point. Is it legal to force a victim of domestic violence to provide an address at the request of the abuser? And how can I possibly put an end to this case? Next court date, 01/11/2010.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

This does not appear to be a matter that is properly before the magistrate as you are not in violation of any court order. Pursuant to the terms of your CPO you have no obligation to divulge your whereabouts to your ex-husband.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the prompt reply. Because it is a matter before the cort already, is there something I should file to have the case dismissed?

Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Ohio law permits you to have a victim advocate to provide assistance during court
proceedings. Contact the Ohio Domestic Violence Network(NNN) NNN-NNNNfor
advocate information.