Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
3396227

i was told by The State Bar of California that my attorney

i was told by The State Bar of California that my attorney mislead me in a custody trial, but no one is willing to take the case against her. What are my resources? thank you.;
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 4 years ago.

DearCustomer- Sometimes finding an attorney willing to sue another attorney is not always easy, especially if you are looking for someone who practices in the same area. We do not actually represent clients from this website so I cannot represent you in the case.

My suggestion is to either go back to the Bar and explain your situation or to contact a private lawyer referral company for a possible attorney referral who can assist. I have included the website for Martindale Hubble below. They are one of the best companies for lawyer referrals. It appears you have a good case so you need to get a lawyer.

Dave Kennett

http://www.martindale.com/

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much. The Bar in California wants me to tell them how the attorney mislead me, did not disclose what is going to happend step by step to her benefit, so she can drag this case out. I even paid some top attorney's in Los Angeles to get their opinion, and they agreed. I need a sight to see what the codes are so i can tell the bar. They are looking for certain codes. For example what is the code that says that the attorney cannot do things for their benefit and not disclose all at the beginning, or tell me what i am getting into. I hope i expalined it right. Thank you sir.

This is why you need a lawyer to advise you as to all of this. As I said, we cannot give specific legal advice and the Code of Professional Responsibility is quite detailed. An attorney can review your case and then research the Code to find the specific provisions that were violated. Most attorneys who take cases like this will offer a free or very low cost consultation appointment to allow you to present the facts.

The Code is primarily used by the Bar to determine whether and attorney has violated some ethical standard however when you sue for malpractice you are basing the claim on negligence. There does not necessarily need to be a Code violation for there to be negligence. The Bar is confusing ethics with malpractice when they ask for a Code section.

Dave..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The Bar needs the codes that she violated. They told me to come up with the codes. For example, the attorney did not tell me all the steps of what is going to happend , and she did not tell me that my ex wife can even ask for a trial, eventhough the evaluator said i can have the child. Where can i find these codes, and rules sir. I hope i expalined it correctly to you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you.

Well I suggest you find an attorney since you do not need codes to file a malpractice suit for negligence. There's nothing in the code that requires an attorney to tell you all the legal steps etc. I have no idea what code sections were violated but that is not what is important in a malpractice action. If the Bar already found she violated something then they already have the codes for those violations.

You are confusing ethical conduct with malpractice. The Bar needs the codes for an ethical complaint but it is not up to the public to analyze the Code of Professional Responsibility. The public presents the facts and the Bar investigates, which is what I assume they have already done. All you are now asking the Bar for is an attorney referral so you don't need code sections for that.

I suggest you contact Martindale Hubble and get a referral to a private attorney.

Dave

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.
No problem and thanks for using our service. - Dave
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience: 25 years experience as practicing attorney