How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25386
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are there new laws regarding child support and a spouse being

Customer Question

Are there new laws regarding child support and a spouse being unemployed? I am the mother and have joint custody and have been unemployed for over a year. My father told me that there are new laws in effect that increase child support for the unemployed parent. Is this true?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
There are not new laws but you can ask for a modification of the child support based on a substantial change in circumstances. You have to file a petition with the court. Here are the forms and instructions
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yeah, thats what I thought. Thank you.

Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
You're welcome. An accept ofr my tiem is always appreciated.

Related Family Law Questions