FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I live in Missouri and have been married for 18 years. I have

I live in Missouri and have been married for 18 years. I have two children, 12 and 16. My wife is abusive and I would like to move towards Divorce Mediation. What effect on custody will the desires of my children have?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 7 years ago.

The desire of the children and who they want to live with, will be considered by the Judge. However, it will not be the final decision of who they will live with. The Judge is going to act in the best interest of the children. The Judge will look at the environment and circumstances surrounding both you and your wife and which environment is a better life style for the children.