Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

My girlfriend has a problem child -16year old boy. She has

My girlfriend has a problem child -16year old boy. She has for a year been take verbial abuse and he has pushed her twice- by her boy. He's skipping school,breaking furinture and other household things, been known huffn paint ,and been see coming out of known drug dealers home-by the police. The police have been called numerous times. She's Had Enough!!!!! The DHS will not help her?, the police say theres nothing they can do? I'm afraid he's going to start hitting her,or his younger brother and sister. She live in Iowa, can you please help us?? In getting him removed from the house!!!Is there any one that can help us??
What part/county in Iowa do your friend and her son live in?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
appanoosa county centerville ia 52544

I have exhausted my Internet Search for Juvenile Center in Appanoosa County or Centerville. You would need to contact the Juvenile Detention Center in Appanoosa County to find out how the 16 year old can be committed at the Center. The DHS are of no help because they deal with abuse on children and not the other way around.

Here are links to two of the Juvenile Detention Centers in Iowa. If you contact them, they may be able to steer you in the right direction.

Another place to contact is the Juvenile Court, the Clerk's Office: