legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years

My wifes ex has sole physical custody, and we have visitation

Customer Question

My wife's ex has sole physical custody, and we have visitation of my step-son this Christmas. Unfortunately, my wife's ex feels that the "receiving party/parent" will always be US because we're the non-custodial party and we will be responsible for travel costs both when we receive my stepson as well as for the trip back. Visitation order says receiving parent is responsible for travel costs. Essentially, we're responsible for "receiving" him here, and my wife's ex is responsible for "receiving" him back. This question has been answered before on this site.

So, short of going back to court because he can't comprehend the obvious, how do I convince him of what the visitation order is actually saying? Case was done in CA. Is there a legal definition in CA law (or somewhere else) stating exactly what "receiving parent/party" means? Thank you very much.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 6 years ago.

No there is no case law in CA regarding the definition of receiving parent. I search lexis nexis and found none.