RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

My three children were given full legal and physical custody

Customer Question

My three children were given full legal and physical custody by their DAd two years ago. I was to complete a treatment program and visit with a Family Therapist appointed by the court for visitation. I had only ONE visitation after my treatment in March. My children are apparantly acting out at home..this Therapist decided to hand them over to anothr therapist for PTSD!!! My oldest 13 is recommended to see a pscyh for his anxiety. I have always been aware of his anxiety issues and agree he needs help! HOwever, I now have to start all over with a new therapist to gain visitation. This is not the plan outlined in the courts document. I am sober now and will be, I am active in AA. I want to see my kids so they can get to know me as a Sober Mom( I relapsed for about three years of their entire lives) I am a teacher by trade and a great Mom.
I am remarried and can't affort to hire a top attorney...what do you suggest...what are my rights?
Thank YOU
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.You could file motion to modify here pro se.You would argue passage of time, your progress and seek visitation.You should give it a shot here and seek modification.I think you have a real good chance to win visitation .The web site below has book to file pro se and win visitation ..

Edited by RayAnswers on 12/1/2009 at 4:04 AM EST