lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney

My ex-boyfriend and I dated for 4 years and 2 and half years

My ex-boyfriend and I dated for 4 years and 2 and half years ago we had a son together. Welived together after the baby was born but we are now separeted and he threats me of taking my son from me? I would like to travel with him am I aloud?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
You can take your child anywhere as long as there is not a court order to the contrary. Your ex can file for custody and the court will decide based on the best interest of the child. Each parent has an equal right to custody.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He is a very wealthy man and I am just a single working mother? Will the court considerate his status? Iam afraid of losing my son for his money and power.
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
A person with the money to fight in court always has the advantage. I cannot predict what he will or will not actually do. Best of luck to you and your child.