legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years

How do I answer a motion for modification of child support.

Customer Question

How do I answer a motion for modification of child support. My ex husband wants his new wife to be able to put our two children on her employer based insurance plan, although I was ordered to supply for the insurance in our divorce decree ( I had a job and employer based insurance).I am now paying for private health insurance, and he is reimbursing me half of the cost. This is not good enough for the both of them. I now qualify for state medicaid to insure the children for free, because I am unemployed and my income has been dramatically reduced. I have 20 days to answer.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 6 years ago.
You should repsond that you have free health insurance and there has been no change to justify the court to make any modifications to the order. It is unfortunate he is making you go to court to handle this. Provide in your response a copy of proof that you are providing the insurance for the children now thru the state medicaid.