Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

My husband file for full custody for his 7 month old daughter.

My husband file for full custody for his 7 month old daughter. He served the mother almost two months ago. Like 3 weeks ago he filed the motion for default since she did not answer to petion. Now a judge has the motion in his hands. How long does it take for a judge in oregon to sign motion?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 7 years ago.
Typically they sign it at the time they get your motion if the judge agrees with it. Otherwise, the judge can set the matter for hearing and then address the motion at that time (whether to deny or grant it) or simply prepare the order to deny your motion and set the matter for hearing. In general, custody cases require a hearing even to grant the motion, so this may be the hold up. The court clerk should tell you the status if you have not already contacted them.

Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated. To request me for future questions, please begin your question with “AttentionCustomerrdquo; Thank you.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

my husband called the clerk this morning, she said they had sent the motion to the judge on the 23rd of this month which was last week. I know the long weekend crossed. so you think because it has not been signed yet maybe they will set a hearing.

Thank you for your reply.

In my opinion it appears the judge is back logged with other pending cases that came before yours. If there is a hearing you will be notified if it was denied or granted.