How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9267
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I add addition information to at Personal protection o

Customer Question

Can I add addition information to at Personal protection order?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
Was the order granted after a trial?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes the order for the protection order against me was granted
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
Now I'm confused. Did you ask for this order or was the order issued against you?

Does this involve mutual restraining orders?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Im sorry I am so stressed I got a PPO against my exboyfriend the father of my child. which was granted but I am scared because I listed in the PPO all the past times he has physically abused me but I didnt list the times he has picked our son up drunk and and past out and left our son unsupervised I am so scared he is going to pick him up drunk and put him in danger and also i didnt check the box that his safety is in danger. what can I do?
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
You can file a motion to modify the restraining order so it includes your son as a protected party. Or you can file a motion in the custody case to modify the joint custody to sole custody to you based on his endangering the child.
N Cal Attorney and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am going to file a motion but what happens I have no proof beside my word and asking my boss to leave ealrly one day because he was drunk passed out at home.I am going to get a lawyer but I worry in the mean time. I dont know how this stuff works do you think they will do it based on hearsay?
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
Has there ever been a police report made about him being drunk? If a police officer observed that he was drunk, that is not hearsay.

Your testimony that he was drunk and passed out and the child was unsupervised is not hearsay. If a daycare worker can testify that he appeared drunk when he picked up the child, that would also not be hearsay.

Related Family Law Questions