N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

I was wondering, could I or is it even possible to have my

Customer Question

I was wondering, could I or is it even possible to have my divorce papers revised to state that my son is not to leave the states of florida without a parent or parent supervision?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
You can file a petition asking the Court to modify the custody and visitation parts of the order.

http://www.womenslaw.org/laws_state_type.php?statelaw_name=Custody&state_code=FL states
Sole parental responsibility will be given to one parent if the judge decides that shared parental responsibility would be harmful to the child. In making a decision regarding what is harmful to the child, the court will consider evidence of domestic violence or child abuse, neglect or abandonment. In those cases, the judge will make arrangements for time-sharing that will best protect the child or abused spouse from further harm, which may mean that no time-sharing is ordered.** For additional information on visitation rights for a parent who has committed violence, see Can a parent who committed violence get custody (parental responsibility) or visitation (time-sharing)?

So my answer is Yes, you can fight for full custody.
Thank you for accepting my answer.