Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

i have been married for 1 month - cna I get an annulment in

i have been married for 1 month - cna I get an annulment in florida. I was lied to about a venareal disease and the capacity to have sex.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Florida allows annulments on narrow grounds such as procurement of the marriage by fraud or the inability to consumate the marriage. If these were present, then the court still has discretion as to whether or not to grant the annulment or convert it to a divorce. Annulments are infrequently granted and courts generally opt for granting divorce instead unless there are strong grounds such as the inability to contract marriage.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you - so I guess I have no chance on annulment -- Do you have any reccomendations for a #1 divorce lawyer - uncontested in the brevard county florida area?
This service prohibits us from making any personal referrals, the best we can do is suggest the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.martindale.com and I did not say you had no chance, but that annulments are very difficult to obtain.