socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

Married 7 years never lived with him....been with him for 17

Married 7 years never lived with him....been with him for 17 years,, have a 6 year old daughter...he wants a divorce...he doesnt want to talk to me...I dont want a divorce.....Can I reject the divorce...Can I ask the judge for marriage therapy....I know we can fix this...I am willing to do anything.....His family lives with him and influence his every move....I live with my mother. I filed for child support and full custody, he filed for visitation and claims he filed for a divorce. Can I say I dont want a divorce....I want to fix it...
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 4 years ago.

You appear to have had this question answered by another expert. Do you want a second opinion, or would you like this question closed?

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
second opinion

Married 7 years never lived with him....been with him for 17 years,, have a 6 year old daughter...he wants a divorce...he doesnt want to talk to me...I dont want a divorce.....Can I reject the divorce?

A: You can stall it for one year. Your husband can file for a decree of separation, and one year later for a decree of divorce. Beyond that, you cannot prevent the divorce.

Can I ask the judge for marriage therapy?

A: You can ask, however, the judge cannot force the other party to submit to reconciliation -- so, if the other party doesn't want to join you, then you're stuck.

Can I say I dont want a divorce?

A: You can say whatever you want, but you cannot prevent your husband from obtaining a divorce.

I tried calling him texting him....he doesn't want contact with me...hr has not seen his daughter.since sept 14...yesterday on halloween I took my child to see her dad..he doesn't want to talk......I dont want a divorce what can I do?

A: Nothing -- legally speaking. You may be able to change his mind by more subtle means, but that has nothing to do with the law.

I filed full custody of my daughter ..my case is on Friday nov 6,,,,should I drop the case?

A: I can't advise you as to what you "should" do. I "just answer" questions about the law.

he claims he filed for a divorce he said he already paid....can this be undone

A: He can move for a dismissal of the action. But, that's entirely up to him.

Can a divorce be stopped?

A: Not by any legal process. Obviously, if you can convince your husband to change his mind, then that would stop the divorce.

Can I say I dont want to divorce my husband?

A: You can say whatever you want, however, it won't stop the divorce, if your husband continues to pursue it.

help me ...my daughter misses her dad and I havent made love since sept 13........I need him.

A: A divorce is not the end of the world. You will get through it. You and the father can continue to love and care for the child, regardless of the divorce. And, that is what you must do -- no matter what.

Hope this helps.

socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience: Retired (mostly)