Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

Hi I would like to know if I can adopt a child that is

I would like to know if I can adopt a child that is 23 years old. We both would like him to be my legal son and myself his mother. He was here in the U.S. but he returned to Israel. I want him to be able to come here and stay to live with me. Thank you for your help.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
You could do an adult adoption in CA, but this would not have any effect on his immigration ability to come here and he would still have to go through the legal immigration process. For the immigration you would need to get him an immigration attorney to get the immigration process started to have him allowed into the US to reside.

Zoning ordinance enforcement

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”