ANDREA,
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law
20073497

If I divorce my wife in the state of Florida, does the residence

Customer Question

If I divorce my wife in the state of Florida, does the residence I choose to move into need to have separate bedrooms for children of different sex?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 7 years ago.

Good Morning, Customer

If you were renting out the property, you would need separate bedrooms for children of different sexes, the municipalities require that. However, it it is for your own family's use, it is not a problem, although preferable that young adults, 12 years of age and over do not sleep in the same bedroom with someone of the opposite sex.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my time and effort in assisting you.

Leaving positive Feedback, Bonus, etc., are always appreciated.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for allowing me to assist you,

ANDREA, JD, LL.M., Taxation

Member, NY & PA Bar

DISCLAIMER: The facts stated herein are information only and are not intended, nor should be construed as legal advice or legal opinion and No Attorney-Client relationship is formed by asking questions and receiving information; laws vary from state to state and to protect your interests, you should seek local counsel

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So if I purchase a property with a bedroom for myself and a bedroom for my two different sex children under the age of 12, it is not a problem for them to sleep in the same room in the state of FL? What about when one of them turns older than 12? What if I cannot afford a 3 bedroom place?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So if I am only able to afford a 2 bedroom property for me and my two different sex children under the age of 12, according to FL law it is not a problem for them to sleep in the same room? What about when one of them turns older than 12?
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 7 years ago.

I think you possibly may have skipped over this part of my answer which appears above; I wrote the following:

"...However, if it is for your own family's use, it is not a problem, although preferable that young adults, 12 years of age and over do not sleep in the same bedroom with someone of the opposite sex.

As I stated above, there is no law prohibiting this within a family.

I hope this clarifies the answer.

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar