lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney

I am inquiring for my 28 year old niece who holds duel citizenship

I am inquiring for my 28 year old niece who holds duel citizenship in the US and Israel. About 5 years ago, she lived with her boyfriend who only had a Israel citizenship. In order for him to get a job in Florida, they got married in a civil service in Boca Raton. They are no longer together and both live in Israel. She no longer has any association with him. She has asked me to inquire about getting a uncontested divorce. Thanks
Since they both now reside in Israel, that is where they will have to get divorced. Florida law will not control even though that is where they were married. It is your place of residence. Here she needs to contact a local attorney in Israel.