RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

married 6 years on November 22 2009. have one child together

married 6 years on November 22 2009. have one child together and my wife has a child from a previous marriage. she has not received child support from her ex husband in two years but still has her name on the house they lived in that is paid for. I started my business in 1999 and we were married 11/22/03. i have grown the business since we married and i pay her 24k a year thru the business and she might spend 1 hour a month actually working for the business. We have made 125k a year for the last 3 years, but this has been an awful year and the business has not made a profit since last November. give me an idea about how much i am going to pay in alimony and child support. my wife has a college degree and wass a project coordinator for an architect when we got married. She does not love me anymore and is willing to use mediation>
Thanks for your question.She might not get alimony if business is far enough down.You will have to seek division of it here or have court divide it.The $24k should count as income for here. My sense would be that they might award here another $1k a month. You really will depend on mediator to arrive at something that is fair for both.This doesn't fit formulas too well and is uniques situation.I will say you shoujld be looking at 3 years if ordered to pay here--1/2 the length of marriage.
Legal reference..

In Florida the support payments (if any) can certainly influence how the marital property distribution is awarded, which is why it can become a very intricate part of the final outcome of any divorce. Keeping this in mind, if you and your spouse are unable to reach and agreement on this issue, the Circuit Court will order support from one spouse to the other on a case-by-case basis as follows:

The court may grant permanent or rehabilitative alimony to either party. The court will typically order periodic payments or payments in lump sum or a combination of both. The court may also consider marital fault, especially adultery when making an alimony award.

The court shall consider all relevant economic factors, including but not limited to: (1) The standard of living established while married. (2) The length of the marriage. (3) The age and health of each party. (4) The financial resources and assets of each party. (5) When applicable, the time necessary for either party to acquire sufficient education or training to enable such party to find appropriate employment. (6) The contribution of each party to the marriage, including, but not limited to, services rendered in homemaking, child care, education, and career building of the other party. (7) All sources of income available to either party. The court may consider any other factor necessary to do equity and justice between the parties.

The court may order any spouse who is paying alimony to purchase or maintain a life insurance policy or a bond, or to otherwise secure such alimony award should he or she predecease the obligated support period. (Florida Statutes - Chapters: 61.08)