LADY LAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Family Law Attorney

I was in the process of getting an uncontested divorce, but

Customer Question

I was in the process of getting an uncontested divorce, but no I have found out that my husband has another woman living in our home and we have not even sighned our papers yet. I would like to contest and recieve maintainance from him now.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LADY LAWYER replied 7 years ago.

Have you signed the papers yet?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well then can you please tell me where you are in the process? Who filed? Have you been served with papers, and if so, how long ago? If not, were you and your husband working on a settlement to submit to the judge?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He filed, We are at the point of filing out the income and expense statements. We were going to do an uncontested divorce because he swore he was not cheating on me. Although he did cheat on me for a year and a half in 2004. I now have found out that he has already has his woman staying in my home. I moved back to oregon last week. I want him to pay me maintainance because I had to leave my job of 7 years and do not have a job at this time.
Thanks. I know how frustrating that must have been for you to find all this out. Basically, you will just need to tell him at this point that you are going to contest the divorce and will not be signing any sort of marital settlement. As long as you don't sign a settlement statement, the divorce will be contested. I suggest you hire a divorce attorney in Missouri so he/she can be filing motions and responses on your behalf.