How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31217
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my ex owe me over $13000.00 in child support. I live in Oregon

Resolved Question:

my ex owe me over $13000.00 in child support. I live in Oregon and he lives in Ohio. He is getting ready to sell his house in Ohio and I am wanting to know if I can put a lien on his home.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

Child support does serve as a lien and you can intercept the proceeds from his sale and have it applied to what he owes. You need to contact child serves in your county that handles child support collections and tell them what is happening. They'll contact the appropriate officials in Ohio to intercept the money.


You need to act fast because once the money is given to him, you're done.

Roger and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you