ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

In dallas TX my gross per week is 1,250 how much should I pay

In dallas TX my gross per week is 1,250 how much should I pay a month for a 17 year old thank you shane.
Can you tell me what your take-home pay is (after tax, your medical, etc...)? Can you also tell me whether you pay for the child's medical?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
930 net 130 a month on the med.
If the $930 is after the $130 medical, then you can expect to pay $186 a week. If it is before, then you can expect to pay $160 a week.

Texas has child support guidelines up to $7500 weekly, meaning that if you make less than $7500 a week, you're going to be covered by the guidelines. The judge will very rarely stray from these guidelines, and will only do it if it is in the best interests of the child. For 1 child that is 20 percent.

That being said, there has to be a signed court order that orders this payment before you have any obligation to pay it. Also recognize that your obligation ends when the child is 18 or when the child graduates high school, whichever is later.

I hope that helps. Good luck to you!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
give me a number the lowest that you think will fly
I would say $160 a week. Again, it is based on your net income. The court will want to see your bank records to determine this. You can try to get a mediated amount that is lower (say $100) but the judge is going to have to sign off on this, and if you go to court (without a mediated settlement), the judge is going to set it at 20% of your pay.

Again, if the child is 17 years old, you're not going to be paying for long. Be happy that the child is not 2 years old.

I hope that helps. Good luck to you!