Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

hi if being married to an america and living in the state of

Customer Question

hi if being married to an america and living in the state of Texas, also being pregnant what are my rights, if i wish to leave my husband to come back to England with my child?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 7 years ago.
No one has any rights over your unborn child, so at the present time there is nothing stopping you from deciding to leave your husband and move back to the UK. If the child is born in TX, you would not be able to leave without the court issuing a custody order approving that you become the primary custodial parent and authorizing relocation to another country. This would generally happen when a divorce action has been initiated. However, while you are still married, both parents have equal rights/access to their children, so you can leave with your child, so long as your whereabouts are not concealed to the father in order to avoid a child abduction charge.

Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated. To request me for future questions, please begin your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what about if i came back to givebirth to my child in an english hospital and has a bitish birth certificate. how would i stand with my rights then as the child would be british.?
First, I have no knowledge of UK law, so that part of your question should be asked in our UK family law section. However, I can tell you once the child is in the jurisdiction of the U.S. those laws would control who has rights over the child, regardless of where it is born. By virtue of your marriage, the father will automatically have legal rights to his child and only by a court order can his rights be restricted.

Please Note: My answer is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, doing research on your question, called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner[lawNinvest]. Thank you.