Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.

im extremley nervous about my hearing tomarrow. it is regarding

im extremley nervous about my hearing tomarrow. it is regarding establishing visitation. her father has inconsistently been in and out of daughters life for past 7 years. total of 4 times he has visted with her. not totalling more than 1-2 hours in each of the visits. He is asking for joint custody and visitation with daughter everyother weekend from friday night to sunday night. She hardly knows him. and can never seem to remember his name. he has for the past 2 years consistently paid child support. how would the judge see this? i'm requesting Sol custody and supervised visitation for 1 year to prove that he is a responsible and accountable father.
First of all, do not worry. If you can carefully and confidently show that the father has not been a part of the daughter's life, the judge should agree with you that it is not in the best interest of the child to have joint custody right away, but would instead modify visitation so that the child herself can slowly learn who her father is, as well as see if he is indeed "fit" and responsible enough to be in her life in greater capacity than he had shown in the past.

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.