Family Man
Family Man, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with experience in many fields

I am in a situation where I divorced and remarried. The other

Customer Question

I am in a situation where I divorced and remarried. The other parent dates a lot and brings them into the kids' life ALL the time. Doesn't pay cs, claims a judge wouldn't see it the way I and others do.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Family Man replied 7 years ago.
What exactly is your question? Please clarify and I can see if I can help you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
They think that it is ok to constantly bring new people in and out of the kids' life. I mean on a REGULAR basis, someone NEW all the time.

They blame how I left them and constantly hold that over my head......

I am worried to say a lot because I don't know what is confidential or law binding.

Unfortunately,you cannot prevent your ex-spouse from dating other people. As long as the dating does not expose your children to danger--i.e. drugs, violence, etc., then the other spouse can continue to date, and can also bring who they want into their home (as long as it does not pose a danger to the kids).

I agree that bringing people in and out of your children's live is a bad idea, and if you had a prior agreement in another state, you could try to enforce it in your new state, but again,the judge may not be willing to force your ex spouse to limit his/her dating activities etc.

I hope this information has been helpful. Please let me know if you need clarification.

Thanks and good luck!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, I don't MIND the "dating" it is the situations where it is always in front of the kids and then last only for a few weeks, if that and then tells them ALL about what was wrong, ect.
Last one was drunk and showed their butt in front of two of the smaller children. :(

My fear is that they can hurt ME and my SPOUSE some way legally because of WHO I remarried after I left them.

With the information provided, I don't see how they can hurt you and your spouse legally. If there are activities going on that are bad for your children (such as showing butts) then legal action may be warranted. You will have to hire a local attorney and pursue matters through the courts. These situations are unpleasant and are not easily fixed without the courts getting involved,unless the two sides can agree on how things should be.

I wish you good luck. Please let me know if you need more information.