How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31662
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son and his childrens mother lost custody of their 3 children.My

Customer Question

my son and his childrens mother lost custody of their 3 children.My question is can i adopt my grandchildren,i cannot imagine bein on this earth without them.The reason for losing them was my son drug addiction and that the mother was to slow in meeting all the requirements presented in the case,so they were recently placed for adoption.I am a nurse i have no past criminal history or drug abuse history,i am also looking into the federal indain welfare act as i am enrolled in the otoe-missouri tribe but the children are not as they are not enough quatum blood degree.What are my options at this point i am desparate!
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
You can certainly file a petition for guardianship over the children and possibly adopt them. However, adoption is much more difficult to do because the rights of the birth parents have to be terminated. Unless both parents are willing to olntarily relinquish their rights, it is virtually impossible.

Related Family Law Questions