How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36642
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a married woman adopt a child without her husband on the

Resolved Question:

can a married woman adopt a child without her husband on the papers. can she legally use his name for the child?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 years ago.


Under Missouri Revised Statutes 453.010, a person who is married must petition jointly with his/her spouse. If the spouse does not voluntarily join, the petitioning spouse may ask the court to order the joinder. If the spouse still does not join, the court may dismiss the petition.

So, no you can't adopt without the husband's consent.



I hope you have a better understanding of your legal issue as a result of my comments. I am sorry if the answer is not what you would prefer, but as you know, sometimes the correct answer is good news, other times bad. If the information given in fact answered your question please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. If you need additional clarification on this question, don't hesitate to click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details. If you need any assistance in the future with additional questions, you may request me personally by putting my name in the subject line. Thank you for your consideration.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you.

Barrister and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions