How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31662
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Recently, the courts awarded custoody of my 12 year old son,

Resolved Question:

Recently, the courts awarded custoody of my 12 year old son, after 12 yrs. The commissioner gave primary to dad, who has no job, and has always maintained that he wasn't working. All evidence points to lies by dad....What can be done to regain custody? The judge admitted not knowing what to do...but would try this until November. Minor's counsel would not speak out in court as to what she told me, i.e. dad is crazy, etc. Minor's counsel is friend of judge.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
A motion to reconsider can be filed. However, it must be shown that the order will put the child in physical or mental danger.
Roger and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you