RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

I was a top producing sales associate with a fortune 500 company

I was a top producing sales associate with a fortune 500 company for almost 10 years. I have two elderly parents. My father has Lukemia, but was recently upgraded to stage 3 at the end of April 2009. In June my mother needed to be hospitalized so I had to take the day off of work. I returned to work the next day and was contacted by the nurse in the afternoon explaining I needed to come in and meet with the nurse and social worker regarding my mothers situation. They felt when she was released from the hospital, she may not be able to come home due to the lack of supervision, so they needed to provide me a list of nursing homes & assisted living communities to visit so I could decide where she would go upon her release. I left a message on voicemail for my manager explaining what I was told and asked to leave an hour early. She emailed me back saying she was meeting with the VP but would come to releave me so I could take off early. When she arrived I was fired. Is this legal?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You may have grounds here for wrongful termination here.You may have been given disparate treatment.You should file with EEOC and DOL here and also consider a lawyer here to send demand letter and file suit if no resolution.

You would cite the complaints and he facts here in your demand letter for damages.You have my sympathy for all that you have gone through int his matter.
DOL file complaint here too..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are these fees the attorney has quoted customary/reasonable?
Sorry I missed the second part.Yes they are. Anytime you are taking on a ocntingency the contingency here is going to be pretty steep.But there is risk on his part here--not every case pays out so to me it is reasonable here. I think you would find these pretty standard on a case like this.

This sounds like a great case.It is amazing to me how they can treat you like this after you gave them 10 productive years.I think that you have a great case to pursue here. I do wish you luck here on oyur case and with moving on. I also hoep for the best for your loved ones here.