Pam Priest
Pam Priest, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  17 years of experience as a family law attorney, including 2 1/2 years as a family law facilitator
5438833

My husband just found out that he is possibly a father of a

Customer Question

My husband just found out that he is possibly a father of a 22 year old. His name is XXXXX XXXXX the birth certificate as paternity has not been established yet, my husband is willing to do a paternity test now that he knows that there is a possibility he is the father. If we find out he is the father will he have to pay back child support?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Pam Priest replied 7 years ago.

Hi, and thank you for contacting Justanswer. If your husband was never served with any papers, then in most jurisdictions he will not have to pay any back child support, and since the child is now and adult, of course he would not owe anything now.

I hope this answer helps.