Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney

I live in texas and after retuning from a trip overseas, I

I live in texas and after retuning from a trip overseas, I found that my significant other and my child were gone, i was interested in my rights or what i can do, I hired a pi so that i could get her new billing address for documents to be sent to is there anything i can do now so that i can see my child?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.
DearCustomer- Of course you have a right to see your child and exercise all of your parental rights. You are going to have to locate the child in order to do so. Once you know where the SO and the child are living you can file a motion for visitation and/or custody. I'm not certain if you are paying any court ordered child support but that will certainly become an issue once you file for your parental rights.

The issue of support is separate from custody and visitation but most courts will address all at the same time. So when you find your child you should file your motion with the court in the jurisdiction where he or she is located and get your court order to be able to see your child.

Dave Kennett