Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

If your pregnant with another mans baby can you still get your

Customer Question

If your pregnant with another mans baby can you still get your divorce?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
You can still file for divorce, but your husband, who would be under law presumed to be the father of the child unless there is credible scientific that it is not his child. If it is not his child then he would have grounds to sue for adultery as the cause of the divorce.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
even if he has been unffaithful, and separated for months
Then you could argue adultery on his end too, but in the eyes of the court the two wrongs do not make a right and what this would do is just even things out for settlement of the marital property.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok, so if there is a step child involved, and she is mine, can he get any kind of rights to her
He would have no rights to a step child, since he has no parental rights over that child.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok, thank you have helped me alot
Thank you.