How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25386
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Divorce-I am entitled to anything We have been married for

Customer Question

Divorce-I am entitled to anything? We have been married for just over 2 years and it is horrible, we have no kids? I am on disability, but I am willing to live on my small income, I was just wondering since he makes good money. Thank you.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry but on such a short marriage the courts will not entertain alimony. Here the most you will be entitled to is half of the marital estate which is whatever was purchased while you were married. Sorry.

An accept for my time is always appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no i said anulment. I want anulment. I will leave with my clothes on my back. The house is in his name.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am asking if I am entitled to an anullment in Ohio.
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
After two years you will not be able to obtain an annulment absent fraud and that is very difficult to prove. Your best option is a divorce. Here are the forms and instructions

Related Family Law Questions