How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend of mine has left her husband in december he constantly

Resolved Question:

A friend of mine has left her husband in december he constantly calls her follows her gets her fired from her job. She has moved in with me and my husband because we can help her. she has 2 children 8 and 3. Last weekend we dropped the kids off for a weekend with Dad and he kicked her in the butt. Then said that we were spying on them. Then when we met them the next day to pick up some of her stuff the hit her hard on the butt. Totally ignoring the children while cornering and separating her from the children and us.   When his daughter (8) came home she was a mess, her father had told her that god had told her when she was in heaven that she was special and put on earth for the purpose to keep her Mom and Dad together. Now the really odd part is that he also has a girlfriend living at the home with him and 4 kids, and won't let my friend go there. Does she have to let the kids see him?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.
<p>DearCustomer- Unless there is a court order for visitation she doesn't have to do anything. What she needs to do, if not already done, is to file for divorce and obtain court ordered custody. At this point it is a free for all to see who can do what. Unless there is a court order he can continue to act in this manner and there's not much she can do. If she files and obtains a court order she will be able to manage this situation.</p><p> </p><p>She can also file for a restraining order against her husband to keep him away from her. Without a court order she has no control. If there are threats or acts of violence then she needs to call the police and file domestic violence charges against him.</p><p> </p><p>Dave Kennett</p>
Dave Kennett and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions