lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney

I have a very strange case going on, im not sure if im getting

I have a very strange case going on, im not sure if im getting a fair trial on it or not. I have been having visitation issues with my ex ever since my son was born 4 years ago. Hes constantly demanding more time and when i say no, we end up in court & for some reason the judge lets him have his time then some & puts me in contempt of court. The last time i had gone to jail for 10 days, the ex is a registered 2nd degree sex offender, im the reason he is marked with that, he beat me up & raped me while i was 4 months pregnant. Anyway, he filed for sole custody and we came back and it went to court & we got the new court order back & he has more visitation & that i'm basically an unfit mother but because of the flexibility of my job, i can keep my son, but the next time we go to court for visistion, i will lose my son. The judge changed all the holidays around so they have the major holidays two years in a row, ie xmas, labor/memorial day. Is there any help for this situation?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
You have the option of appealing the judge's order but it is rare that a family ocurt judge is reversed. Here you need to get a transcript of the trial and try to pick out the items that the judge focused on to give the other party more visitation. You need to keep a diary and write down any important events day/time/witnesses. Most important you need to strictly follow the judge's current order.

Whatever reasons the judge is using against you, you need to correct. I know that the economy is not good but possibly another job that has steady hours. You need to corredct whatever the judge is seeing as a problem and gather evidence to defend your position.
Customer: replied 7 years ago. if i would chose to appeal and don't get anywhere, would i lose my son?
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
If you appeal and lose the current order just stays as is. However for an appeal you will need to retain an attorney and that will be expensive.

An accept for my time is always appreciated
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX hoping for some sort of other option, i think the judge is a bust myself, but thanks for answering so quickly. Thats all that i were still cheaper than trying to find my lawyer!
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
You're welcome and good luck.