Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
3396227

My fianc and I have two children together and he has a daughter

My fiancé and I have two children together and he has a daughter from his previous relationship. He pays $200+ in child support (taken out of every paycheck). He makes $10.50 an hour and after child support is deducted he is left with $168.00. Our rent is $1100.00. Gas 115.00. Electric $80.00 Water 80.00. Daycare for our two kids 75/week . Diapers for the youngest child 45/mnth
We don’t think the family courts records reflect that my fiancé has three kids instead of one. The child’s mother does work.
Is there a way to get the child support payment amended? What do we need to do at the child support family court? Is there any way to show his providing so much for only one child cause him to be unable to provide for the other two?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.
DearCustomer- He will need to file a motion to amend support to reflect the fact that there are 3 children, not one. Unless there is a court order for support for the two children with you there would be no way the court would have that information. Once you are married then the 2 children with you would be considered as children of the marriage and be included.

In any event he needs to file a motion with the court in order to get the amount changed to reflect the total number of children.

Dave Kennett