Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My fianc and I have two children together and he has a daughter

Customer Question

My fiancé and I have two children together and he has a daughter from his previous relationship. He pays $200+ in child support (taken out of every paycheck). He makes $10.50 an hour and after child support is deducted he is left with $168.00. Our rent is $1100.00. Gas 115.00. Electric $80.00 Water 80.00. Daycare for our two kids 75/week . Diapers for the youngest child 45/mnth
We don’t think the family courts records reflect that my fiancé has three kids instead of one. The child’s mother does work.
Is there a way to get the child support payment amended? What do we need to do at the child support family court? Is there any way to show his providing so much for only one child cause him to be unable to provide for the other two?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

What state is this in?