Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I have been in a relationship for 71/2 yrs. with my babys

I have been in a relationship for 71/2 yrs. with my baby's daddy, he hasn't had to pay any expenses for him so far, but we have gone separate ways and now I would like to know what he is responsible as a father to have to pay? My child receives a SSI check, due to his daddy being disabled.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
He is liable to pay child support and would get an offset from the amount of the disability the child receives from SS. If you cannot afford an attorney, you need to go to the local child support enforcement office and file through them to get support out of him. His support obligation would be based upon his income from all sources and is set by the GA laws. You would also enroll the child in medicaid and the child support office would force collection from the father for that as well if he is able to pay.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”