ANDREA,
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law
20073497

1. I have primary physical and legal custody of my son which

1. I have primary physical and legal custody of my son which was granted by the state of Maryland. I'm now living in Florida. I'm a civilian contractor working in Iraq. I gave my current wife special power of attorney to act in the best interest of my son in my absences.? Did I commit any violation or Crime.
2. My court order read Sole legal custody/ primary custody. What's the difference between Sole primary custody and primary custody.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 5 years ago.

Good Evening

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer, I will be glad to help you with your question

1. No, you will not have committed any crime in giving your wife a Power of Attorney to act in your absence and do all things necessary and required for the best interests and welfare of your child;

2. The US Constitution provides that each state must give "Full Faith and Credit" to the Judgments and Court Orders of a sister state; therefore, the Maryland Order must be recognized and enforced by the state of Florida, granting you custody and the facts on which it was based, thereby barring your the child's mother from going to Florida and contesting it in your absence.

3. A. Sole legal custody gives you the right to make all decisions affecting your son such as medical treatment, educational decisions and similar major issues, without consullting with or asking the consent of your child's mother;

B. Primary physical custody means you have physical custody of your son and his mother has only visitation rights, distinguished from partial physical custody which means that the other parent would have physical custody some of the time, and joint physical custody , which means that both parents have equal custody time, i.e., where child spends one week with one parent and one week with the other parent.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my work. The thread will not close and you may ask follow-p questions if you like.

Making a deposit does not constitute an acceptance of my answer; unless you press the ACCEPT button.

If you have questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me. You can do so by putting my name at the beginning of your question.

Leaving positive feedback, Bonus, etc., are always appreciated. ________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you and Good Luck!

ANDREA

Member, NY & PA Bar

ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience: 25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law