AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

What are the Ariizona divorce laws

What are the Ariizona divorce laws?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 7 years ago.

By reading further, you agree to and understand the following:
Laws vary drastically by state and country. It is impossible for an attorney to provide legal advice or legal services on JustAnswer. What follows is neither legal advice nor a legal service and may/not apply in your particular state. What follows is general information provided for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed. T-USA is not your attorney. No attorney-client privilege exists. Anything you write can be used in court if discovered by an opposing party.
The following information is provided for the purpose of encouraging you to seek, in person, the counsel of an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your particular state. It is essential to consult such an attorney as soon as possible.

Grounds for divorce in Arizona include:
No Fault: Marriage is irretrievably broken.
If the marriage is a covenant marriage (both spouses must have signed documents evincing intent to enter a covenant marriage), divorces are usually only granted with cause:
1. Adultery,

2. Imprisonment of one spouse,

3. Abandonment,

4. Abuse,

5. Spouses have lived apart from each other (2 years if no separation decree, 1 year if a separation decree exists),

6. Substance abuse,

7. Both spouses agree to the divorce.

The above information can be found in Arizona statutes, Chapter 25.

Uncontested divorces can be completed in as little as 90-120 days, including the mandatory 60 day waiting period required after a person files for the divorce.

Contested divorces can often take anywhere from 6-18 months, though these can vary heavily.

Remember to retain an attorney to represent you in your divorce, as the attorney will be able to help you protect your interests to the fullest extend possible.

If you do not feel that this answer fully responds to your question, please ask a follow-up question and I will be happy to elaborate. Please remember that we cannot provide legal advice/services through JustAnswer.

Please click the green
Accept Button for each and every answer and please remember to leave Positive Feedback. Doing so ensures I will receive credit for my time and my effort spent answering your question. Bonuses are greatly appreciated.

When leaving Feedback, please remember that Feedback is left for me as an answerer, rather than the content of the answer. While I enjoy to providing customers with the answers they want to hear, doing so is not always possible.

You should consult an attorney who is licensed to practice in your state about these matters. You can find an attorney licensed to practice law in your state through your state's lawyer referral services:

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you very much for your reply to my questions. Your answer is what I needed to know.This is a wonderful service and I am sure I will be back from time to time

Thank you again. J.....Arizona