DHP
DHP, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  30+ years of family law practice
2693871

i got married in Tahoe then found out that his divorce to his

Customer Question

i got married in Tahoe then found out that his divorce to his wife before me was not final for another 4 months My question is are we legally married ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  DHP replied 7 years ago.
Possibly not, but be sure to get it checked out with local counsel. If in doubt it is best to assume it is valid rather than be sorry later.

I would suggest that you make an appointment with an experienced local family attorney to have all of your questions answered. Write the questions out in advance so you do not forget any of them. It should not be expensive to have this sort of legal consultation, but ask about the fee in advance to be sure.

I realize that this answer is somewhat vague but I believe that yours is the sort of question that can best be answered by a local expert. Many legal questions are best answered by reference to the local rules and individual judges involved.

If I've helped, please click ACCEPT so I can get credit for my work. This is informational only and is NOT legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship. Consult a lawyer in your jurisdiction for specific legal advice. You are welcome to email further questions.