How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116157
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have split or joint custody with my ex-wife that didnt show

This answer was rated:

I have split or joint custody with my ex-wife that didn't show up in court on the finalization of the divorce. I have been divorce for over 4 years now. I have all my reciepts where I deposit money in her account, as well for the clothes, medical, and check for school uniforms, events, and field, etc... When she calls I dropping what to help with the kids, if the asking my manager can I leave work. I have the kids everyweek because they was want to come and I don't tell them no for wanting to spend time with there dad. I always feel like I have a rope around my neck waiting on her to kick a chair. Its is become very stressful. I received a child letter 3 weeks ago, which she admits that she didn't out of hate, spite, and all the other things she had going own in her life and stated that she will drop it. Also stated that it will never happen again. She is taking her time in doing so, and not taking my calls; she communicate thru texts. What rights do I have? What can I do?
You need to file an objection to the filing and do not wait for her to drop it. If you do not object the court can grant her request by default. Bring your copies of all of the documents, proof of payment, her messages and all to prove your case. This is all you can do if she has not dismissed the matter.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do I have any rights as a father that do support his children? And if so, base on your knowledge what is the success rate of getting this mess dismiss. Or have to continue live like this?
Your rights are to object and if you have proof you have been making the payments, the courts would support your case. Unfortunately, she can continue to bring these actions and your only rights are to defend against them and upon proving your case you could seek attorney's fees too if you are proving she is making frivolous claims and seek to even have her fined by the court for abusing the process.
Law Educator, Esq. and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you