RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

My older, adult brother, molested me, when I was a child. I

Customer Question

My older, adult brother, molested me, when I was a child. I learned karate and fought him off, after I turned 16. When I was an adult; he was still trying to molest me and attacked me. One time; he managed to put his hand down my pants and touched my crotch. I had him arrested and he got a year probation and I got a PFA against him, so he couldn't come back into the house. It was a duplex and I moved into the other apartment. The judge had me sign a form, which stated that I could never press charges for all the years of child molestation, so he could move into his half of the house. I signed it. Is it legal? Can I never press charges for the child [email protected]
   Rose Henninger
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Well the Da woudl decide whether to honor this.Likely they won't prosecute this here if you in fact agreeed to this waiver.You won't know unless new crimes are committed here or the Da brings up old ones. My advice to you would be to consider getting away from this man.He has problems and the recidivim rate here is real high.I would consider moving as far away as you can here.