Law Pro, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years practicing family law from divorce, custody, support, alimony to equitable distribution

I was divorced 5 years ago and granted alimony. He is now

I was divorced 5 years ago and granted alimony. He is now in the arears $118569.69.
My problem is I'm in New Jersey and he is in Idaho. We were divorced in Ohio. September the 1st he is going to owe 121,???.?? I've been told that I have to get it all transfered to
the New Jersey courts. I have no money to do that. What can I do? I work full time $8.75
an hour. I'm getting ready to lose everything. Can any body help me?
Nancy Winder [email protected]
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 7 years ago.

We are not allowed to communicate outside this venue with customers - sorry.

What is easiest and what you should do is go back to Ohio and bring a motion for contempt and for sanctions against him. Ask that the court place a bench warrant for his arrest and bring him back to Ohio. Then too, ask the court to reduce the outstanding monies owed to a judgment and pursue the matter that way.

Once he realizes that's what your asking - I would think he will immediately come up with some of the outstanding monies owed. Then potentially you can transfer the order to NJ thereafter.