How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 24869
Experience:  20 years practicing family law from divorce, custody, support, alimony to equitable distribution
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was divorced 5 years ago and granted alimony. He is now

Resolved Question:

I was divorced 5 years ago and granted alimony. He is now in the arears $118569.69.
My problem is I'm in New Jersey and he is in Idaho. We were divorced in Ohio. September the 1st he is going to owe 121,???.?? I've been told that I have to get it all transfered to
the New Jersey courts. I have no money to do that. What can I do? I work full time $8.75
an hour. I'm getting ready to lose everything. Can any body help me?
Nancy Winder [email protected]
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 7 years ago.

We are not allowed to communicate outside this venue with customers - sorry.


What is easiest and what you should do is go back to Ohio and bring a motion for contempt and for sanctions against him. Ask that the court place a bench warrant for his arrest and bring him back to Ohio. Then too, ask the court to reduce the outstanding monies owed to a judgment and pursue the matter that way.


Once he realizes that's what your asking - I would think he will immediately come up with some of the outstanding monies owed. Then potentially you can transfer the order to NJ thereafter.


Law Pro and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions