You file in Virgina here where you are a resident.Since you are disabled the court might award you something short term as well as pousal support.Maybe a year to 18 months if you are lucky.He will have to wait a couple of moths here.He has to wait six months in Virginia..
Virginia..Grounds for Filing:
The Complaint for Divorce must declare the appropriate Virginia grounds upon which the divorce is being sought. The appropriate lawful ground will be that which the parties agree upon and can substantiate, or that which the filing spouse desires to prove to the court. The divorce grounds are as follows:
Divorce from the bond of matrimony may be decreed:
(1) Living separate and apart without any cohabitation
and without interruption for one year with children.
(2) Living separately and apart without cohabitation and without interruption for six months without children.
(1) For adultery or sodomy;
(2) Imprisionment for more than one year;
(3) Where either party has been guilty of cruelty;
(4) Willfully deserted or abandoned the other.
(Virginia Code - Title 20 - Sections: 20-91)